Told Manpower I Had A Job Opportunity Elsewhere. Here's What Followed.
After spending an endless phone tag, and doing both the office and factory tests with a pass on both, I was told that there were "no jobs available to me at this time." I originally called to re-activate myself with them again and was told that there were jobs over the phone and they wanted me to come in.
So I did and decided, "What the heck, I'll complete both tests so more jobs are available to me!" Apparently, even with my extensive office/clerical and factory experience, nothing was available. Upon leaving I was told that they would call if something came up. Six weeks went by and I did the calling once a week and was still told nothing.
I went out on my own and received an interview with another company that was non-temp agency. I notified Manpower and my staffing agent immediately told me not to go to the interview and said that they had a job that was "Guaranteed hire-on," and to come in to the office to complete the paperwork. Once again, I told the staffing agent that the interview I was having was a reliable long-term job that would have hired me and that if I was to cancel, would the Manpower job be just as good? Her answer was yes and I was to come in immediately. Had I not come in to Manpower, she said that my status with Manpower would be permanently deactivated and I could no longer find work there again. Word for word.
After filling out all the paperwork I started work the next week on Monday. After a week the job was turning out fine. The people were friendly and I got the job done. Next Monday after work I was called by Manpower and told I was no longer working there. Mortified, I asked what happened? I thought this was a guaranteed? I was then notified that, "There are no guaranteed jobs."
Bravo Manpower, Bravo. Not only did I lose an opportunity for a good job, but you put me in a job with no future. Now I'm writing a review for you as I'm homeless in the Library. Thanks for excessively putting me on hold now when I try to call and you make petty remarks as to me not having a permanent address now. Class acts.
More Review Details
|Diversity of Products or Services|
|Product or Service Quality|
- Product or service
- Job Opportunity
- Review category
- Employment Agencies
You May Also Like
- "I have been out of work since Jan. I contacted Aerotek the day i was let go from my last assignment. I was stuck with an agent that seemed upset..."
- "I had a horrible experience with a staffing agency in the L.A. area, the owner's name is Amy Zimmerman, this woman is a "RACIST" and she is a stalker, she..."
- "Inside Manager Korina Loera terminated me with lies from ConAgra Foods (Harvest Manor Farms), 11B Leigh Fisher Blvd, El Paso, TX 79906.ConAgra Supervisor Rafael Hernandez inform me that I couldn’t..."
- "On 14th November 2016 Elite Phones and Computers collected my Samsung Galaxy note 8 64g tablet by UPS. I was assured that they would be able to replace the motherboard..."
- "The flowers i got delivered to my fiance were pretty, BUT they were super small and in my eyes dont look anything compared to their picture. Delivery was on time..."
- " I ordered a T-shirt from TeeChip that was SUPPOSED to be supporting Democrats, I got a completely switched around shirt that supports Republican’s instead. It’s a pretty obvious color..."